top of page

Farmington

The village of Farmington, is located in the northern part of Longswamp Township, along Valley Road. Maxatawny Township lies to the west and Lehigh County to the east. In 1876, a freight station, wharf, 15 houses, a store and a school building stood in the village. A branch line, authorized by a charter supplement of the Catasauqua and Fogelsville Railroad in 1861, diverged into the village of Farmington, which was the site of a large ore wharf and ended at the ore pits in the nearby village of Klines Corner. In addition to Farmington, the booklet captures the historic essence of Klines Corner (once known as Schweyer's Crossing) and Oreville, located along Old Topton Road between Ringtown/Jeffersonville and Klines Corner.

"The Village of Farmington" was researched, written, and published by the Longswamp Township Historical Society in 2021. All 10 of our "Village series" booklets are available from our web store.

Image: A Gruber wagon of hay in the village of Farmington.

Farmington_edited.jpg
bottom of page